Hazel Creek Project
The Hazel Creek Project is situated approximately 90kms north of Cloncurry and incorporates a large area of prospective land that remains relatively unexplored. In 2004 Exco moved to full ownership of the Hazel Creek project area and has confirmed its IOCG potential through the discovery and identification of several key deposits and prospects. The Hazel Creek Project covers over 1000km2 and includes the Turpentine Deposit (1.84mt @ 1.03% Cu & 0.2 g/t Au) discovered by Exco.
Recent exploration in the Hazel Creek Project has included extensive broad spaced Reverse Circulation (RC) drilling of magnetic anomalies, as well as diamond drilling at the Turpentine Deposit and Eight Mile Creek Prospect. The broad spaced RC drilling has intersected numerous encouraging copper and gold zones located within extensive regional magnetic anomalism. New geophysical surveys have also confirmed the response from known mineralised zones and have identified a range of significant new targets in previously untested regions. Results from the 2011 programme include:
- EHDD017 10m @ 1.27% Cu & 0.16 g/t Au from 138m depth.
- EHDD019 45.7m @ 0.69% Cu & 0.15 g/t Au from 249m depth.
- EHDD020 17m @ 1.3% Cu & 0.15 g/t Au from 198m depth.
- EHRC378 8m @ 1.73% Cu & 0.38 g/t Au from 90m depth.
Eight Mile Creek East
- EHDD009 55.8m @ 0.64% Cu & 0.15 g/t Au from 128m depth.
- EHRC364 30m @ 0.46% Cu & 0.11 g/t Au from 38m depth.
Eight Mile Creek
- EHRC323 10m @ 0.90% Cu & 0.13 g/t Au from 54m depth (Snowball Bore).
- EHRC328 12m @ 0.57% Cu & 0.1 g/t Au from 48m depth.
- EHDD023 15m @ 0.66% Cu & 0.16 g/t Au from 199m.
- EHRC292 30m @ 0.4% Cu & 0.1 g/t Au from 136m depth, including 6m @ 1.05% Cu & 0.31 g/t Au